Sunday, November 7, 2010

Carving to a Tiki Beat ...

Next weekend I'll be putting down the weekend tools which keep the shack here on the Secret Island just about standing, waving goodbye to the Wahine and the primitives and making my way down the coast for some more pleasurable work with tools!

Hewey blogmaster for Kustom Kulture Australia is proud to host the Sydney round of the Tiki Beat carving workshops featuring one of the World's best carvers Marcus Thorn! On the 13th and 14th of November I'll attempt to carve my very own tiki under the watchful gaze of a master - no pressure! At the end of it I'll hopefully have my very own tiki, or at the very least a pile of wood chips and my very own tools (included in the cost!) to practice some more on my return!....  Is it me or are the palm trees here trembling!!!


Places are limited so if you’re interested shoot Marcus an email on Tikibeat@bigpond.com. Tune in next week for a review of the workshop and an image of something loosely resembling a Tiki ...

No comments:

Post a Comment